Health insurance in Newzeland

All international students studying in New Zealand must have medical and travel insurance. It needs to cover you from the day you leave your home until the day you arrive back there, so that costs will be met if you need medical or dental care or if your possessions are lost, stolen or destroyed in New Zealand.

Your school or education provider is the best contact if you have any queries about insurance. They will certainly advise you about what the insurance needs to cover. They may have an insurance policy that you can pay for at the same time you pay your study fees, or they may be able to help you with advice about buying insurance.